Tuesday 4 March 2014

Small collaboration exhibition

To start off the curatorial side of my career, I have come up with a concept for a very small exhibition to develop which focuses on collaborations with illustrators/designers and writers who are Melbourne based.

The idea that is forming is also to involve a zeen  format which is such a wonderful concept in its own right. Each illustrator/designer will find a collaborating partner in the field of creative writing to develop a stunning collection of artworks. Each artwork shall consist of one line to a paragraph of a story or idea which the writer will create on their own, then pass on to the artist for them to develope a partnering image to go with the text to further expand the concept of the text.

Each collaboration should aim for A5 to A3 formats and 5 works between them. Each work shall be archival printed which I shall organize to lower costs for the artists.

The step I am up to presently is finding an appropriate place to hold the small exhibition. I am looking around for the right kind of spaces as we speak and as soon as I find the space, I will be formally contacting the artists and writers if they would like to involve themselves in this humble little project.
   
                                 Editorial Illustration "Tree" 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment