Thursday 18 August 2011

Personal website research

Now it's time to really start looking around for inspiration for my personal website. I have had a look around at other artists websites which is helping me form my own ideas for my website.
http://www.madiillustration.co.uk/home.html

Madi's web page is wonderful because it not only is clear and clean but it also strongly relates itself visually to illustration which i really appreciate.
The only problem i have with it is that it may not use the space well enough for there is a lot of bare white areas and condensed areas of imagery which makes the over all composition of the page unappealing.

Another artists website which i explored was Kira Leigh's. I really didn't like her website because the hot spots on the left top of the page were too small and the two sections of the layout was confusing to view. I think because of the complexity of her artwork, she would have benefited by using a one colour background to help separate the images further.
 http://www.kiraleigh.net/
Also, the flashing gif in the corner was just annoying and constant in my peripheral vision. I'm all for an animated element in websites but that was an example of an noneffective one.

No comments:

Post a Comment